Thursday 24 April 2014

A fun day going topless.

2nd February 2014, a great and fun day for me! A much delayed post as usual. Anything new?
;P

No, we are not topless, but we were on a bus that is topless! Right, a double-decker bus with its upper deck exposed to the weather. They call it the Funvee Hopper.
It's HOT!

You try moving around Singapore, without air-conditioning and under the mercy of Uncle Sun. Air-conditioning you know. Something we so get used to when traveling in Singapore. Luckily, we got the tickets to travel on it for free. Anyway, the important thing to note, the experience was great and the views were fantastic!  Well, a happy ending from a grumblings start. Hee...

Next, we got our hands dirtied trying to make fruits tarts. I, putting on a girly apron, getting my hands dirtied making fruits tarts!?!? Hey man, this would never ever going to happen years ago! And it happened. Thanks to my little princess for getting her crazy daddy involved in all the girly stuffs. Well, can I say no, darling? Hahahaha... ...

Addition to the above, we also got to meet a very terrific taxi driver along our journey back from the trip. When we boarded his taxi, yt addressed him as uncle and he told her:
"Don't call me uncle lah. It sounds so old; I am not that old you know. Call me mister can leow."
Uncle, first off, the word uncle is a common form of respect addressing strangers who are of certain age. Second, you uncle seems to be flirting with my wife in front of me. Quote a phrase yt always say, "知道死字怎么写吗?" [You know how to spell the word die or not huh?] (yt, 2014).

In any case, UNCLE, you ARE older than us. People my age or younger also called me uncle. Why can't we call you uncle? Uncle, we are your customers and not the other way round hor.

What a interesting taxi driver we have in Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment