Thursday 15 March 2012

NEL train service between Dhoby Ghaut and HarbourFront stations disrupted - Channel NewsAsia

NEL train service between Dhoby Ghaut and HarbourFront stations disrupted - Channel NewsAsia



"Attention passengers using the North East MRT Line, train services from Harbourfront to Dhoby Ghaut are affected. Please use the free bus shuttle service outside the station if you are going to Dhoby Ghaut, Clark Quay, Chinatown and Outram Park station. Thank you."

Great! It is finally my lucky day to experience a disruption of the public transport service. So great too that it fall on the day when I needed to do a presentation early in the morning.
;-/

After sending a message to my boss and colleague, I proceeded to the boarding area as directed by the MRT staff. Overall, from the numerous disruptions they had encountered previously, I believe they must have learned and they were well organized this time. There was adequate staff to direct the traffic and handle enquiries. The police and extra MRT staff not in uniform were also activated to handle the crowds.

My only complain is that there aren’t adequate buses to transfer the crowds. While the bus was pretty empty when I boarded, it is packed with people when it reached Outram Park MRT station.

"Hey, MRT close down la! Stop pushing people up the bus!!! It is packed like the buses in India and it will overturn ok!"

Ah~ that’s when my peace ended. The start of the arguments between the Chinese man that shouted and an Indian lady who replied:

"Please don't mention about India. It’s racist! Thanks."

During the arguments between the 2, a few Indians spoke up for the lady. The Chinese man became angrier and commented why no Chinese stand up for him, and start calling his friends for help.

Upon reaching Dhoby Ghaut MRT station, I was relieved to see a row of police man standing and getting ready to handle the crowds and any disputes.

Why am I blogging this? Wei, it’s a once in a lifetime (I hope) experience to be affected by the train disruption leh. I am "proud” to be involved. 
;P

No comments:

Post a Comment